FIRST TRAINING SESSION: AUGUST 4-7 2022
AS A CERTIFIED FACILITATOR YOU WILL GET
4-day hands-on intensive training led by Dr. Caroline Leaf. Including an immersive study with Dr. Leaf of the Neurocycle Method.
Become part of a network of like-minded individuals and organizations. Make new friends, find a business partner, or a new career opportunity.
Learn the business strategies Dr. Leaf uses everyday to transform your passion for mental health into a sustainable and successful business!
Access to extensive helpful resources from Dr. Caroline Leaf. Including a download to the Neurocycle App, Neurocycle Method materials & more.
Scale Your Business
Opportunities to diversify & increase your revenue streams + increase rates due to higher qualifications.
Qualify for an exclusive license to facilitate the Neurocycle™ method with your clients
Once you’re Certified, we’ll help you create an exclusive profile in our directory so clients can find you.
Whether you want to simply to take your knowledge of Dr. Leaf’s work deeper or scale your existing business, the Certified Facilitator program will get you where you want to go.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sign up on NeurocycleInstitute.com. Once you are approved, read and sign contract, pay the fee and register for training.
You have to fufill all training requirements to become a certified facilitator, inclduing the final open book exam that has to be completed 9-10 weeks after training. The training incorporates understanding of the science and system of the Neurocycle, and how to set up a collaborative coaching relationship with a client over 9 weekly (63 days) session blocks. For the exam, the trainee has to do one full 63-day Neurocycle, which includes a weekly report on their own progress based on the questions they would ask the clients they will be coaching (see weekly session guides). The exam will also contain specific open-book questions on the science of the Neurocycle (this will be a multiple choice 90% pass exam that can be completed anytime in the 10 weeks after training). Certified facilitators will also need to provide reflect questions, examples of metacogs, reconceptualization ideas for the recheck step, as well as active reaches for three to four case studies during the exam period. This will be for a grade with 90% pass, with a certificate sent to facilitator and account upgraded to facilitator when completed.
Please contact us in writing by 12:00 p.m. central before the first day of training to request a refund.
“The Neurocycle is a way to harness your thinking power to direct neuroplasticity when you are awake, which will then have a positive influence on the neuroplasticity happening in your brain while you sleep. It can be used for any task that requires thinking, feeling and choosing, which is everything! It is a scientifically researched 5-step process and acts as a “delivery system”: you are using your mind to “deliver” information to your mind and your brain, which will increase your overall brain and mental health. Here are the 5 steps:
1. Gather/input: read, listen, observe. The goal of this step is to focus on and embrace what you are inputting into your brain through your mind by gathering awareness of the emotional and physical warning signals, as well as the behaviors and perspectives, you are manifesting. The purpose of this step is straightforward: to gather awareness of and embrace what you are hearing, reading, and experiencing, and to get information into the brain. When you gather awareness in this way, you can reconceptualize your thinking.
2. Reflect/analyze: ask, answer, discuss. The aim of this step is to focus on one thought, with all its embedded memories (which could be in the 10’s, 100’s or 1000’s), asking what it is about, answering yourself and discussing this thought in depth. You are essentially putting the thought on trial. This challenges the brain to move into a higher gear and introspect more deeply, which is what it is designed for: deep, intellectual thinking! Reflection makes a thought susceptible to change.
3. Write: in a metacog in your neurocycle journal. In this step, you will write down what you have been reflecting on in step 2. Writing things down is like putting your brain on paper, and helps to pull up buried memories from the nonconscious mind, adding clarity to what you are thinking about and allowing you to better see the area that needs to be detoxed by helping you to visualize your thoughts. This reinforces healthy dendrite growth and helps you change the connections in your brain.
4. Recheck: an editing process to check for accuracy. This step is like a mental autopsy. It helps build healthy, long-term thoughts with their embedded memories into the brain, allowing you to reconceptualize the toxic thought and turn the new healthy thought into a habit. In this step, you will evaluate what you have written in step 3 and think about the new healthy thought you want to build. You will also be able to rethink your reaction to the information, evaluating how the thought you are working on is changing, and then reconceptualizing it by looking for patterns and triggers (little by little, day by day). This is a progressive, forward-moving step, and is where you wire in the changes you want to see in your life.
5. Active reach: practice, apply, reteach. An Active Reach is the action you do during the day in response to the toxic thought you are working on. Is keeps you anchored in mental peace. You decide what the action is each day as you work through the 5 steps. You can do the same Active Reach as the previous day or a brand-new Active Reach—it is completely up to you.
The contract establishes a relationship between yourself and the Neurocycle LLC founded by Dr Caroline Leaf, so that both parties know what is expected.
“Dr. Caroline Leaf is a communication pathologist and cognitive neuroscientist with a Masters and PhD in Communication Pathology and a BSc Logopaedics, specializing in cognitive and metacognitive neuropsychology. Since the early 1980s she has researched the mind-brain connection, the nature of mental health, and the formation of memory. She was one of the first in her field to study how the brain can change (neuroplasticity) with directed mind input.
During her years in clinical practice and her work with thousands of underprivileged teachers and students in her home country of South Africa and in the USA, she developed her theory (called the Geodesic Information Processing theory) of how we think, build memory, and learn, into tools and processes that have transformed the lives of hundreds of thousands of individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE), learning disabilities (ADD, ADHD), autism, dementias and mental ill-health issues like anxiety and depression. She has helped hundreds of thousands of students and adults learn how to use their mind to detox and grow their brain to succeed in every area of their lives, including school, university, and the workplace. Dr. Leaf is also the bestselling author of Cleaning Up Your Mental Mess, Think Learn Succeed, Think and Eat Yourself Smart, and many more. She teaches at academic, medical and neuroscience conferences, churches, and to various audiences around the world.
Dr. Leaf is currently conducting and publishing clinical trials using the 5-step program she developed while in private practice to further demonstrate the effectiveness of mind-directed techniques to help relieve mental ill-health problems such as anxiety, depression and intrusive thoughts. The primary aim of these trials is to make mental health care more affordable, applicable, and accessible worldwide, and to reduce the stigma around mental health.”
There is one annual four day intensive (32 hours) training course. After the course ends, you can rewatch the training sessions, use the app Neurocycle and access the book Cleaning Up Your Mental Mess to complete the “open book” exam needed for certification, which has to be done within 9-10 weeks after training.